Sunday, May 23, 2010

All out of bubble gum (90/90)

This post marks the last post of the "90 posts in 90 days writer's challenge." The title of this post is "All out of bubble gum" because this post is supposed to represent the "becoming of a whole" of this entire blog. I do plan on continuing this blog as a means of writing about personal matters since I have become aware of its importance. These past three months have been a very interesting experience.

I used my first post to reflect on how my writing has changed since the first day of the writer's challenge. Unlike my previous posts, my first post was really long. Probably because I had so much to talk about at the time. I was so much more personal back then. I described almost everything that happened during the day. But then after I started becoming aware as to who was reading my blog, I started leaving things out. Stuff that I didn't want the public to know to a full extent. I think that was one of my first weaknesses as a transitioned from a semi private based blogger to a I'm going to share this with my followers on Facebook and Twitter.

Before I go anywhere else with this post, I'd like to thank my fellow bloggers especially Sam and Kyle who inspired me to start this challenge. To be honest, a big part of what kept me going was knowing that you guys were there sharing the same obligations as I did. I think our writing styles influenced each other as well. I could sort of see that with the length of our entries at one point, but then we started going off different tangents, it seems. I think a big part of that had to do with the fact that we just didn't have time hang out quite as often toward the end of the schoolyear and the fact that our summers are completely different from each other's. A question for Sam and Kyle. How do you think our blogs compare and contrast? A question for the people. How would you go about writing your personal blog?

Above, I mentioned how I have become aware of this blog's importance in my life. The importance of this blog comes from giving me a chance to reflect and write about my experiences every day. To know that there was at least a little meaning behind every day has allowed me to have a more optimistic outlook on life. There were a few instances where I wanted to write something dreadful, something I would regret later on, but I didn't. I remember initially starting the blog saying to myself that I would not regret anything I posted. And I'm glad it stayed that way.

Now without further ado, I'd like to end the 90 in 90 saying, "I've came to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and now I'm all out of bubble gum."

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your blog. Out of all the blogs I was following, yours was by far the most entertaining. I read a majority of your blogs daily, even if I never commented or said anything. Blogging for me was a challenge, it tested me everyday I sat down to write, but it feels good to make, to know that you were able to put your thoughts into words and share them with the world, to do what most other people said they would do but did not. I am glad you completed the 90 in 90 and I am glad you were with me and Sam. Here's to a job well done, hopefully many more days and nights of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And Congratulations with you achievement of 90 in 90 as well. I also kept up with your blog and Sam's blog everyday. Reading both of your blogs was always entertaining.

    ReplyDelete