Monday, December 12, 2011

Motto (96)

I was walking home one night and somehow, I ended up thinking of a few ideologies of my own that I've held secret for a few years. I'm pretty sure I'm not  the only person with my own little "constitution" in my head. Well anyway, here's some of them. I know I can't possibly explain every single little thing so I chose a few to write about.

"Live through understanding"
People don't always share the same experiences or influences. Their outlook in life may be completely different than yours. And then, you ask yourself why you find an interest in this person. The answer may be simpler than you'd expect: Because they are not you. They see the world differently and understanding things from a different point of view. And this sparks intellectual stimulation.

"Think alternatively"
Grr. I know the Steve Jobs quote "Think Different" but this is not the same. Or, at least the way it derived in my head was not the way Steve Jobs derived it. Maybe it's similar. I don't know. But anyway, to me, this means to think in a different manner than what is mostly associated with that topic. I mostly associate this with words, though. I get irritated during conversations when you hear the same words like "good deal" "cool story bro" "That's epic" "sweet" used over and over again. Gah! Isn't that annoying? Expand on your vocabulary and use different words to convey the same (or similar) meanings. You'll sound a bit more sophisticated and give off a better impression... but don't overdo it. Basically, don't be boring XD

"You are what you pretend to be"
You know, to be honest, this comes from a quote from the film "Schizopolis" (Righteous comedy film, btw). The film dwells on the topic of Eventualism... which apparently isn't defined anywhere on the internet T__T. The best definition I can come up with is to look at an idea and think of its eventual value rather than its immediate value. So... say you are in a situation and think of how you are feeling at that particular moment. Then later on, think back to that same moment. Is the feeling the same? Well, eventualism is concerned with the aftereffects of the situation rather than the current effects. Do you understand?

Okay, back to the quote. You are what you pretend to be. This little quote stuck onto me because its similar to "ends justify the means." We, as people, tend to have all sorts of ideas in our heads. But, to others, these thoughts don't really mean anything. People can think whatever they want, but those thoughts or ideas won't hold any meaning in real life unless we exercise those beliefs. People see what you do, not what you think. And they judge on that. Period.

"Friends remind each other of things"
This is now a basic rule in friendships for me. I can't believe that friendships can be lost over something stupid as forgetting things. Seriously. While it may seem annoying for a friend to keep pestering you over an event or activity, you may find yourself thanking them later for it. Friends remind friends because they care. That's it. They want to be sure you are committing yourself because, to them, you are of value. So why would you deny them of that right?

That is all for now. Stay frosty.

1 comment:

  1. A collection of new web games, hot games, best games and mobile games of the year. With a variety of genres such as strategy games, role-playing games, entertainment games and so on, the activities that occur most frequently meet the needs of the Player.
    bgame
    Jelly Doods
    run 3 cool math

    ReplyDelete